Doric Arch

Status: Open
Address: 1 Eversholt Street, NW1 2DN (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Camden
Former name(s): Head of Steam
Plasterers' Arms [nearby site]
Former address: 1 Seymour Street (1938)
77 Seymour Street (1862)
Historical parish: St Pancras
Dates open: [1827]-c1963, [1997]-
demolished c1963
Good Beer Guide: [Head of Steam:] 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, [Doric Arch:] 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Owner: Fuller Smith Turner
Website: Website
Notes: Renamed as the "Doric Arch" in 2006. Prior to rebuilding, this was originally sited c20m to the north of the present site, facing onto Eversolt Street opposite the location of the present "Royal George" (8-14 Eversholt St, see separate entry). The current pub shares only its address with the former site, it would appear.
Photo taken in June 2014
Sources: Dates/Demolished: Pubs History
Renaming: WhatPub
OS 1895/1911/1953 (as "Plasterers' Arms")
PO 1839/1856/1869/1882/1895/1899/1915/1921 (all as "Plasterers' Arms")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.