Horse Shoe Hotel

Status: Closed and demolished
Address: 264-267 Tottenham Court Road, W1T (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Camden
Former name(s): Horseshoe Brewery Tap
Former address: 267 Tottenham Court Road (1869)
Historical parish: St Giles in the Fields
Dates open: c1623-[1970]
Notes: Attached to Meux's Horse Shoe Brewery as the tap, though it predates the brewery (which existed from 1764-1921). Rebuilt in the late-19th century, at which point the building took in the site formerly occupied by the "Fox and Hounds" (264 Tottenham Court Road, see separate entry).
Sources: Open date: Martyn Cornell
OS 1875 (unnamed)/1895/1953/1961/1970 (all as "Horse Shoe Hotel" except where noted)
PO 1839 (as "Horse Shoe")/1841 (as "Horse Shoe")/1856 (as "Horseshoe")/1869 (as "Horseshoe Brewery Tap")/1882 (as "Horseshoe Hotel")/1895 (as "Horseshoe Hotel")/1915 (as "Horse Shoe Hotel")
References: LMA/4435/D/01/002 (as "Horse Shoe Hotel")
LMA/4435/A/03/009 (as "Horse Shoe Hotel and Restaurant")
MS 11936/477/948487 (as "Horse Shoe")
MS 11936/483/964938 (as "Horse Shoe")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email quoting the pub name.