Friend at Hand
|Status:||Closed and demolished|
3 Platt Terrace, Old St Pancras Road, N1C
Note: The location on these maps is approximate.
|Former address:||[now Pancras Road]|
|Historical parish:||St Pancras|
|Notes:||The location on the map is approximate, but from its placement in the 1861 census return, Platt Terrace was on the west side of what is now Pancras Road, running between Denton Street (no longer exists, but approximately opposite the German Gymnasium) and Brewer Street (now Midland Road). It is named as being "opposite the Smallpox Hospital in the road to St Pancras" on the 1812 Sun Fire Office insurance record, and on early-18th century maps the Smallpox Hospital is on the east side of the road, where Kings Cross station is now. Historically part of NW postcode area.|
|Sources:||Open date: Archives
Census 1841 [T Dixon]/1851 [T Dixon]/1861 [A Beeston]
PO 1839/1841/1856 (all as "Friend at Hand")
|References:||MS 11936/459/871684 (as the "Friend at Hand")
Old Bailey t18390513-1666 (as "Friend in Need")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email email@example.com quoting the pub name.