Queen's Head and Artichoke

Status: Open
Address: 30-32 Albany Street, NW1 4EA (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Camden
Former name(s): Queen's Head
Former address: 30 Albany Street (pre-rebuilding)
15 Albany Street (1862)
Historical parish: St Pancras
Dates open: [1746]-
rebuilt 1811/1900
Owner: Punch Taverns/QHA
Courage (former)
Barclay Perkins (former)
Website: Website
Notes: Originally sited in what was Marylebone Park (now Regent's Park) before rebuilding in 1811. Rocque's map of c1746 shows this pub as the "Queen's Head", approximately 250m to the northwest of its present location, just inside the modern Outer Circle.
Photo taken in July 2008
Sources: Open date: Rocque's map
Rebuilding date: Pubs History
Owner: WhatPub/Archives
Census 1851 [W Timberlake] (as "Queens Head")/1861 [R Clark]
OS 1873/1895/1921/1968
PO 1839/1856 (as "Queen's Head")/1869 (as "Queen's Head")/1882/1895/1899/1915/1921 (all as "Queen's Head & Artichoke" except where noted)
Tris C (e-mail)
References: ACC/2305/01/949/1-2
MS 11936/502/1039432 (as "Queens Head and Artichoke")
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.