Goat in Boots

Status: Closed and demolished
Address: 201 Drummond Street, NW1 3HN (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Camden
Former name(s): Goat and Boots
Former address: 31 Stanhope Street (1969) [different site]
13 Brook Street (1867)
Historical parish: St Pancras
Dates open: [1839]-c2004
rebuilt c1970s demolished c2010
Owner: Taylor Walker (former)
Meux's (former)
Notes: Originally sited 37m to the south-west, at the southern side of the intersection with Longford Street (on the opposite side of Stanhope Street, though the stretch south of Drummond St is now the site of Triton Square). Road layout and site changed upon rebuilding, and Longford St was rerouted to the north to join Drummond St. There's a "Hercules" listed at the same address in the 1839 directory, so this may be an earlier name.
Sources: Owner: John T (e-mail)
Census 1911 [J Hurley]
OS 1873/1895/1921/1953/1969/1987
PO 1839 (as "Hercules")/1856 (unnamed)/1869 (as "Goat & Boots")/1882/1895/1899/1915/1921 (all as "Goat in Boots" except where noted)
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.