Adam and Eve

Status: Closed and demolished
Address: 284-286 Euston Road, NW1 (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Camden
Former address: [also listed as 1 Hampstead Road]
288 Euston Road (1869)
20 Bath Place, New Road [or 20 Bath Row] (1856)
[also listed as Tottenham Court Road (1790)
Historical parish: St Pancras
Dates open: [1628]-[1961]
Owner: Ind Coope (former)
Notes: Demolished for construction of Euston Road underpass. This was rebuilt by 1871 on an overlapping site to the east, at the intersection with Hampstead Road, but before that was not on the corner, hence the change in address from 288 Euston Rd to 284-286 Euston Rd.
Sources: Open date: Old and New London/Tris C (e-mail)
Owner/Close date: Tris C (e-mail)/Flickr photo
Census 1851 [W King]/1861 [J Keeping]/1871 [E Pilgrim] (as "Adam and Eve")
OS 1873/1953 (all as "Adam and Eve")
OS 1873 (as "Adam and Eve")/1895/1921/1953 (as "Adam & Eve")
PO 1839/1841/1856/1869/1882/1895/1899/1915/1921 (all as "Adam & Eve")
References: MS 11936/349/536706
MS 11936/370/569929
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.