Jew's Harp

Status: Closed and demolished
Address: 1 Redhill Street, NW1 (streetmap) (osm) (gmap) (bingmap) (streetview)
London borough: Camden
Former address: 1 Edward Street (1862)
Marylebone Park [now Regents Park] (pre-rebuilding)
Historical parish: St Pancras
Dates open: c1745-[1899]
rebuilt c1818 demolished 1940s
Notes: This was originally sited in Marylebone Park (renamed as Regent's Park in 1881), and was originally a farm house. Rocque's map of c1746 shows a "Jews Harp House" in this location. It was sited around 900m to the southwest of its later site (where the southwest edge of what is now Inner Circle runs, though Rocque's map shows a Love Lane running west to east at this location).
Sources: Open date: Rocque's map
OS 1895
PO 1839/1856/1882/1895/1899 (all as "Jew's Harp")
References: MS 11936/509/1037416 (as "Jews Harp")
MS 11936/515/1063600
MS 11936/515/1063801
MS 11936/515/1063802
MS 11936/515/1063803
MS 11936/515/1063804 (as "Jews Harp Tavern")
MS 11936/521/1082098
MS 11936/527/1105533
MS 11936/528/1111953
If you have any corrections or additions to make to this entry, please email pubologyblog@gmail.com quoting the pub name.